C.F. Aliferis, "Bioinformatics analysis of cancer mass-throughput data", Lecture for Cancer Biology 342 class, 11-10-2006, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
- Chapter "Clinical Evaluation of Methods" from Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics (4th ed.): [Preprint]
- Download GEMS system: [Link]
- Paper "A Comprehensive Evaluation of Multicategory Classification Methods for Microarray Gene Expression Cancer Diagnosis" (Bioinformatics, 2005): [Pubmed]
- Paper "GEMS: A System for Automated Cancer Diagnosis and Biomarker Discovery from Microarray Gene Expression Data" (International Jounral of Medical Informatics, 2005): [Pubmed]
- Paper "Molecular Classification of Cancer: Class Discovery and Class Prediction by Gene Expression Monitoring" (Science, 1999): [Pubmed]
- Leukemia gene expression dataset from the paper "Molecular Classification of Cancer...". The dataset contains 72 patients: 47 acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and 25 acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Here are dataset (dataset.txt), gene names (gene_names.txt), and gene accession numbers (gene_accessions.txt) prepared for use with GEMS.